Monday, October 13, 2014

Hyejin Kim/#3 First Draft of Essay/Tue 9 a.m.

First Draft of Ch.3

My Grandmother

201001006 Hyejin Kim

 

I had been raised by my grandmother, my father's mother. Both of my parents always had works and still they do. So my grandmother had taken care of me and my younger brother. When I was a little child, I had much more time to spend with my grandmother than parents. We slept in the same room. At that time she used to read many books and tell her story for me. She was always by my side, preparing meals and spending time with me. Therefore I'm sure that she had a huge influence on building my personality. Now I'm alone in this city far away from my hometown and her, but I always love her and I don't know how to express my gratitude for all of the things that she had done for me.

She has short curly hair and high pitched voice. She is small but still has perfect posture even though she is nearly eighty years old. Several friends of mine met her and they were very surprised saying "Are you sure that she becomes eighty soon?", "I can't believe it! I thought she is about sixty-something!" and "My grandmother is also nearly eighty but she is bent with the weight of years". She is very healthy. Actually if you met her, you could see that her face is filled with smile and vivid energy. I think this is because she makes her body keep busy.

Usually she wakes up at 6 o'clock to prepare breakfast for family and then she go out for hiking and exercising. She climbs a small mountain near our house, meets her friends and doing exercise together. About 11o'clock she comes back and does washes, cleaning, preparing lunch and other households. After lunch and washing up she takes a short nap and listens to the radio. About 5 o'clock, she starts to prepare dinner. You maybe think this is the life of housekeeper whose life is fully booked with endless households. However my grandmother is really enjoying her life. She says "I'm very happy to see you eating food that I made. Is there anything you want to eat more?"

She has positive mind and enjoys singing songs. She watches music programs for the elderly every Monday and Sunday and I can hear the songs she sings along. Sometimes she asks me to print out the lyrics of the songs to memorize and practice it. The reason why she does this is that she often goes to karaoke with her friends and wants to sing that song with them. Every weekend she dresses up and puts on makeup to go out for meeting some friends. When I see her preparing these stuffs, she looks very happy and excited. Even she asks me which clothes would be nice for her. She and her friends seem to eat lunch, go to karaoke, and chat together. After coming back, she tells us stories that she heard from them with loud voice. My mother says "She is truly enjoying her life and thinks doing households for family is her mission. I really appreciate her."

Now I cannot see her as many times as I want to but when she calls me the first thing she says is "Are you eating well?" When I hear the words, I realize that she is thinking of me every moment she prepares the meals, saying like "Hyejin would really like this food" since the most important thing she always stresses is eating healthy food. She often sends me a package fully filled with foods like Kimchi, rice, fruit and other side dishes for me, wishing I take care of myself by eating healthy foods that she made. I hope she lives so long that I can take care of her, buy fancy dresses, make some delicious foods and take her to many lovely places.    



2 comments:

  1. Writer's name: Hyejin Kim
    Reader's name: Kwon Hye-ji
    Date:141015

    1. The writer’s grandmother is old but healthy and she has diligent and optimistic personality.

    2. First, the writer’s friends who met her grandmother said “Are you sure that she becomes eighty soon? I can't believe it! I thought she is about sixty-something!”
    Second, she sets her schedule for a daily routine and she keeps it. For examples, she wakes up at 6 o'clock to prepare breakfast for family and then she go out for hiking and exercising. Third, She has positive mind and enjoys singing songs.

    3-1.She has short curly hair and high pitched voice. She is small but still has perfect posture even though she is nearly eighty years old.
    3-2."Are you eating well?“
    3-3. She climbs a small mountain near our house, meets her friends and doing exercise together. Every weekend she dresses up and puts on makeup to go out for meeting some friends.
    3-4. "Are you sure that she becomes eighty soon? I can't believe it! I thought she is about sixty-something.”

    4. The writer said that her grandmother had a huge influence on building her personality. If the writer specifically indicates what parts of her personality were built because of her grandmother, readers will understand what the writer learned from her grandmother.

    5. When the writer was young, she was raised by her grandmother. Her grandmother took a good care of her so she had a good memory of her grandmother. Also, her grandmother had a huge influence on building her personality

    6. The writer talked about her grandmother’s advantages. I would like to hear about what she likes about her grandmother the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. The writier's grandmother is healthy although she is old. Also she have positive mind and loves the song. She is a dilligent woman.

    2. She wakes up every 6 o'clock to prepare breakfast for family and then go out for hiking and exercising. Not only this, she also does washes, cleaning and preparing the lunch. Also she watches the music program in Sunday and Monday, even memorizing few of the lyrics.

    3.
    (a) she has short curly hair and high pitched voice. Also she is small but still have perfect posture even though she is nearly eighty years old.

    (b) "Are you sure eating well?"

    (c) She exercises, do the house work, memorizing the lyrics, climb a mountaion and prepare lunch and dinner. Often she went karaoke to sing a song with her friend.

    (d) "Are you sure that she becomes eighty soon?"
    "I can't believe it! I thought she is about sixty-something."
    "My grandmother is also nearly eighty but she is bent with the weight of the year."

    4. I want to understand how she is so healthy. Is she used to exercise from the early age? It would be not clear why she is healthy.

    5. Because the writier and her grandmother is familiar. When the writer is young, she was raised by her grandmother and it could give the writer imprint some of her memory.

    6. I think that what about writing more about what your grandmother gives to you, for example a healthy life or live healthy. It could give your writing more good to read because readers can not only imagine your grandmother but also readers can also get a lesson fromt the writing.

    ReplyDelete