Monday, October 20, 2014

Kwon Hye-ji/ Character Sketch/Tue 9am-Final draft

Intermediate English Writing Tue 9a.m.

201200235 Kwon Hye-ji

10-21-2014

My Father My Forever Teacher

 

Fathers teach everything to their children. I also have learned many things from my father whether he has intended it. We live in a house, so I have naturally got a lot of influences from him all the time. They were mostly positive lessons.

First, He taught me how to respect others by listening closely. When I was young, I was quite stubborn girl. I tended to like telling my opinions rather listening others. So, whenever I had an argument with my brother, I never stopped insisting my position, and for me making him to agree was the most important thing. However, my father, a stout mid-aged gentleman was different. He usually starts talking with saying "Interesting ideas and I agree with you in some ways." though he sometimes supports opposite sides. He keeps eye contact with us and nods some times with warm smile. He gives us courage to keep talking and makes us relieved. So I also try to listen carefully before I state my opinions to show my respect and understanding.

Second, I learned preparedness from him. He stared a business 2 years ago. Because he had never done his own business he was afraid of starting it. He was a public official and 50 years old at that time. Most mid-aged people tend not to take a risk that may affect their constant life. My father was also one of the typical mid-aged who liked to stay in the stable present state. However, once he decided to do the business, he researched and studied about the relevant government policies and others' cases to his new job every night. My family said he became addicted to work. He only prepared for a year even though his first business was not so big. A year later, he accomplished opening a new business and it was very successful. By researching and studying many times, he could reduce possible risks. So I realized I can improve myself in a test or in a whatever work by preparing well. Now, I always research and study hard for successful results.

Third, I was impressed by his intense love for family. Many people do not or cannot take care of their sisters' or brothers' family. People usually work for their own family. It is so normal and I do not mean they are selfish. However, my thoughtful father cares about literally all family members. Nowadays, he is preparing a new business and planing to invite my uncle and aunt in the business. Because she has a small paid job and he has no job, they are suffering from financial difficulties. I was surprised when I heard this plan at first. I did not even think it would be a family business. My father sincerely wants to give a practical help to family. In fact, he always tries to contribute for happiness of family. For examples, on big holidays such as Chuseok, he sends presents to the all family. So, my grandmother is very proud of him and often says he has ears similar with Buddha's as a compliment.

I love what he has thaught me. I learned how I can respect others by listening carefully, how I can succeed by preparing well, and how his love for family is big. I want to practice those lessons in my life. I will do my best for my job and for my family. He sometimes says to me "I will back you up whenever you need support." I feel so reassured knowing that he is always on my side. He is the best teacher of my life forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment