Thursday, October 16, 2014

Park Heejune / Tuesday 9am-11am / Character sketch

     My Mysterious Friend

 

     The people who met me usually describe me like an outgoing and social friendly person. That's true, it is not that difficult for me to give a nice first impression and be a good friend with stranger. So I have many friends and the funny thing is most of them have same personality like me. But one of my best friends has different characteristic which made her interesting when we met for the first time.

     It was at the welcome party when we met. We were fresh-freshmen of the French department. Our department is quiet big one so there were too many people. So we made some groups and she was in my group. She was shorter than me but because of her wedge heel sandals, she looked tall enough. She had short waved brown hair with bangs. Her big wide-opened eyes looked her like a scared doe.

     While other people, including me, in the group talked and laughed to never let the awkward moment come, she kept silence and smiled carefully. I wanted to make her join the conversation but I knew that if I act rashly, she will never talk to me. But, luckily, we wore similar outfits: red striped white T-shirts and jeans. So mentioning our outfits, I started to talk with her and finally she began to talk. Unlike her first impression, a very shy girl, she knew how to talk with her warm voice and to make other people laugh with jokes.

 

     From that day to today, for three years, she has shown different parts of her personality step by step. Basically, she is timid and quiet but deep inside of her, she is very determinative and independent person. I'm pretty sure that she hides her real character and it makes her attractive. I hope one day I could find out her every aspects.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I believe her personality is very shy and timid, and is scared of talking to strangers that she has just met, but once people get to know her personality, they will find out that there’s more to it to her.
    2. Three examples that allowed me to predict her personality are first, the fact that she kept silence and smiled carefully at the welcome party. Second was when her eyes were wide opened like a scared doe. The last example was that she has shown different parts of her personality step by step for three years.
    3. What the person looks like
    She had short waved brown hair with bangs. Her big wide-opened eyes looked her like a scared doe.
    What the person says
    Not mentioned
    What the person does
    I started to talk with her and finally she began to talk. Unlike her first impression, a very shy girl, she knew how to talk with her warm voice and to make other people laugh with jokes.
    What other people say about the person
    Not mentioned
    4. There were some things that needed more explanation. Firstly, you said that she has an introverted personality, but you showed only one example that happened when you and your friend met for the first time. However, that one example does not clearly show the reader what her personality is like. Therefore I think it will need more explanations and dialogues that enable the readers to grasp the personality more. Also, you said that after the moment she showed different characteristics of her personality, but you have not mentioned any of them, so it is hard to imagine how different it is. Therefore if you explain more, maybe show another event that happened, it will be much better.
    5. I think you chose to talk about your friend because you wanted to show your friend that has a completely different personality. Also as you have not discovered every aspects of her personality, I believe you thought it would be interesting to tell the readers about her.
    6. What made you become interested in your friend? What aspects were there?
    What did other friends in your department think about her personality? Were there any troubles?
    comment by Jihoon Yoo 201301135

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I think she has many aspects. Sometimes she is timid and quiet but sometimes cheerful and make other people laugh with jokes.
    2. First one is that she kept silence and smiled carefully. Also, second one is that Unlike her first impression, a very shy girl, she knew how to talk with her warm voice and to make other people laugh with jokes. Third one is that for three years, she has shown different parts of her personality step by step.
    3. What the person looks like
    She had short waved brown hair with bangs. Her big wide-opened eyes looked her like a scared doe.
    What the person says
    not mentioned
    what the person does
    Unlike her first impression, a very shy girl, she knew how to talk with her warm voice and to make other people laugh with jokes.
    What other people say about the person
    not mentioned
    4. I could understand what you said very well. However, When you describe your friend, you just mentioned her personality directly like ‘she is timid and quiet but deep inside of her, she is very determinative and independent person.’ I think your writing would be much better if you give more examples which show your friend’s personality. Also, I am really curious that what are the other aspects of your friend. I hope you to describe more with examples.
    5. I think you chose your friend because most of your friends have same personality like you but she has different characteristics.
    6. What were her other aspects you found? And why do you think that she is determinative and independent person?
    (201301957 Jiyeon Yang)

    ReplyDelete