Monday, October 6, 2014

Park Heejune/Why I write/Tuesday 9 a.m.

I can remember my first writing moment clearly. When I was five years old, I loved reading books, especially fables. I forgot the title and author's name, but my favorite one was a story about raccoon family: father, mother and three babies. I always brought the small book, read it all the time and drew them everywhere if there was empty paper.

One day, in kindergarten, my teacher told us about poem and asked us write down our own poem. First I was embarrassed because I had no idea about poem. But soon, I could draw a picture in my head. It was of course about the raccoon family. I imagined their daily life and decided to write it. After I decided what I write, the rest takes care of itself – it was like some forces made me to write down a poem without my thoughts. I handed in the poem first and got praised most.

 

Thanks to this precious experience, when I write something, any kind of genres, I get excited because I know the fierce moment that a fairy of writing – that's what my mother told me when I talked about the force to her – came to me. Actually, after my childhood, I haven't experienced that feeling yet. But still I wait for it and that's my strongest motivation to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment