Monday, October 6, 2014

Park Heejune / First draft / Tue. 9 a.m.

     It was the day when snows covered everywhere. I woke up earlier than usual and found out the world was so beautifully changed. I thought it must be an angel or a fairy that turned my world as a white garden of her. It was my seventh Christmas day when I will remember forever.

     After watching the sight through window for a while, I ran to the Christmas tree and found many gifts wrapped by glittered red and green papers and tied up by golden ribbons. Of course, I chose the biggest one as I always did. When I fought with the wrappers and ribbons, my mom woke up and got out of her room. The gift was a gorgeous bobby doll which I always wanted. I thanked my mom and she gave me a big warm smile.

 In the afternoon we went outside. I stepped on the pure white snows and saw my footprints. While I left my foot prints all over the snows, my mom started to roll some snows and made them like a ball. I wondered what she did so I asked her why she did this and she answered "I'm making a snowman." Since then, I had seen snowmen in my books but always wanted to see and make one.

We rolled snows together. It took a bit long time to make it bigger and bigger. But anyway we made it. Now there were two snow balls, one is bigger than the other. Put the smaller one on the bigger one was not easy because it was quiet heavy to lift the ball. Fortunately, a man who passed by us helped us, so we could combined two parts. Then, I brought my floppy red hat, fluffy blue muffler and frayed gloves. I put them on the snowman and put also two small black stones as eyes. Finally my first snowman was made – I named him Snowy Santa –

 

Each year, on snowy days, I always recall this memory. Even if I don't make a snowman anymore, I never forget how to make it and what I felt when I made my snowman for the first time. Whenever I remember my Snowy Santa, I feel like turning back to a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment