Friday, September 19, 2014

Haesook Yoon/Assignment #1:writing experiences/Tuesday 9 a.m.

Assignment #1: Writing experiences

Haesook Yoon

I do not have many experiences in writing both in English and Korean. However, since I became a university student I write more than I wrote in my life. Before university I used to write journals which are descriptive writings. Now, I write more academic writings such as compare and contrast essays, agree/disagree, and persuasive essays. Different kinds of essay I learnt were very interesting and helpful in many ways. Recently, I did IELTS test to apply for exchange student programs. Studying for the test, I had to write pages of essays. The most difficult part was that I had to organize two different types of essays in such a short time. One was analyzing and the other was an agreement essay. The second problem was word choices. I had to choose different words depending on essays, but even worse I did not know many words. However the score was alright and I am quite satisfied with that. This semester, as every time I learn writing, I want to expand my vocabulary so that I can make my essay more interesting.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Haesook. Wow..I didn't know you need to write pages of essays for IELTS. It must have been very tough...I'm glad to hear that your score was okay. I agree that the discriptive writing that we learned last semester was quite useful for writing a dynamic essay. I am sure what we learn this semester would also be of a great help in the future. See you in class!! (Hajin Ahn from EIT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to read. Your experience about IELT is fun to read for me. That was really good experience to you. But, I think how about double space from the begining that makes your writing more easy to read. Also, you mentioned you don't have many exprience both in Korean and English. I'd rather it would be much better if you add any Korean experience too. Anyway it is interesting to read and it is good writing in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete