Saturday, September 20, 2014

Namhye Kim/why I write/Tue 9am

Why I write? 

 

To begin with, though this question is a simple one, I find it not easy to answer it clearly, and specifically.

But, when I think back of my whole life, I've always written things from small, trivial things to difficult things. For example, as a kid, I had written diaries daily. I wrote my routines, my feelings  and my hopes there. It helped me to feel free to write things continuously . Also, as a student, I took an essay test to enter university. Before the test, during the times of preparations, I learned  how to write an organized essay. I realized to write what I have in mind organized is a really tough work. Before this exam, I had written only simple, informal things, such as letters, taking notes, memos, etc.

However, after being university student, I had to do writings of a high order. For instance, I had to write papers, in which I firmly declared my opinions or summarize what I think obviously. 

 

What I have found during this writing is that even though I didn't aware of it, writing is kind of basic part of my life. I do write ,because it's a natural phenomenon that we write something, though the purpose of it depends on various occassions.

This semester, I'm taking two English writing classes. So, I expect to face another difficulty, to write in English. It will be a harder work, because I have to write well, but at the same time I have to write it in my second language. There'll be many awkward expressions, grammar errors,and other errors come from launguage problems. 

I hope to write an organized, and native-ness writing during this semester.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, expressing your frank feelings to the writing was nice. I also agree with your opinion that writing is kind of basic part of our lives. I also wrote it in my writings. I think it is very good thing that we gradually find the importance of writing as time passed. The more we grow, the more we should express our opinion through the writing. I cheer your journey with writing in this semester and more. Thanks for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm Hyejin Kim(DIS) and I totally agree with your difficulties about English writing. I think it is natural to make silly mistakes like grammar error or awkward expressions etc. because we're not native speaker. But I believe we can improve them step by step by sharing various perspectives and discussing better expressions. (from. Hyejin Kim, 김혜진)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I enjoyed your writing and i agree that we have always wrriten things from small things to difficult things. I also wrote many writings and I loved to write. But my attitude to writing changed after i enter the university. Anyway, I like your positive attitude toward writing that you want to improve your writing skills by taking writing classes. I believe you can do it!
    -Jiyeon Yang(양지연)-

    ReplyDelete