Saturday, September 20, 2014

Jiyeon Yang/ Assignment 1 : Why I write/ Tuesday 9-11

Why I write

201301957 Jiyeon Yang

When I was young, I loved writing. I loved to write letters to my friends and family. Also, I enjoyed keeping a diary. The reason why I liked writing is that I could record and express my feelings through writing. However, after I enter a university, my attitudes toward writing changed. In my freshmen year, I got writing assignments every day and it was very stressful. Also, in most writings, I had to write academic writing. I did not know how to write academically and formally at all. In addition, it was really hard for me to select proper words and organize my ideas. Also, it takes too much time to complete my writing assignments. So at that time, I usually put my assignments off until just before the class. Of course, the quality of my writings were low and so were my grades. So I gradually lost my interest in writing. Then why I write? Why I take English writing class again? Because I want to improve my writing skill. I know that writing is the best way to express my feelings and thoughts. So I want to improve my writing skill and have positive attitudes toward writing through this course. To be specific, to improve my writing skill, I will write as much as possible and receive feedback from teacher and peers. Most importantly, I will try to enjoy my writing assignment.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jiyeon! I enjoyed your writing a lot because I have similar feelings when I do my writing assignments. I also have hard time choosing the right word as there are so many different choices. I hope we can get over it together by taking this course. See you! (Hajin Ahn from EIT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you in both loving, and detesting writing. I too used to write for fun. However, I do not like writing for certain assignments especially if I have to write it with time restraints, in a classroom setting. I too want to improve my writing skills through the duration of this semester.

    - Edward Yom(염준호)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how much you like writing. I really enjoyed reading your assignments. I hope both of us can improve our writing through this class of this semester. See ya! (Yoonhae Kang, EIT)

    ReplyDelete